For First Friday, May 3rd, we will have a “Garden Gnome & Fairy Gala” in honor of the Camas Plant & Garden Fair the next week! 5-8pm with so much going on!
Find those mischievous gnomes and cute fairies in each participating location and see what kind of fun each is having! You’ll earn tickets to win great prizes for each location you go to!
Other activities will include:
- Find the fairy houses through town and feed the fairies! (get the fairy food at the DCA tables in Journey! :))
- Find the Toadstool Game sponsored by Carla Edwards, Realtor! Mini toadstools will be posted around town. Find up to 5 and get free raffle tickets to win the Garden gnome and Fairy-inspired baskets donated by Carla Edwards. So much FUN!!
- S’MORES with IQ Credit Union
- Mini-pots are coming this First Friday (May 3rd) to downtown Camas businesses compliments of Norris Arts. So far, (in semi-geographic order) Hidden River Roasters, Natalia’s Cafe, Arktana, Attic Gallery, Caps ’n Taps, GOW, Lily Atelier, Nuestra Mesa, The Artful Attic, One Beer at a Time, Mill City Brew Werks, Cafe Piccolo, Camas Gallery and the Soap Chest have all agreed to hide some pots. Each will have a $5 coupon for classes or retail items at Norris Arts studio AND you get to keep the mini-pot!
- Free May Day Baskets from Camas United Methodist Church!
- Art gallery shows and receptions with refreshments:Attic Gallery: 421 NE Cedar St.
Camas Gallery: 408 NE 4th Ave.
Second Story Gallery: 625 NE 4th (upstairs library)
Free gnome and fairy airbrush face painting by Mandi Straub and Ian Needham of mandi MOON Artistry in front of Journey. They’ll be dressed as garden gnomes for photo ops as well.
- Have a talent? Come share at Journey’s very first “Open Mic Night” during First Friday. Sing a song. Play guitar. Do a comedy skit or stand up. Doors open at 5:30pm, performances between 6 – 8pm. Performers will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Signups begin when doors open at 5:30pm. This is a family-friendly event – kids/youth welcome to participate!
- Three ribbon cuttings:
- Coventry Gardens of London, 602 NE 3rd Ave. at 5pm – Coventry Gardens will have a drawing for a floral bouquet and a British Tea Basket, too!
- Envyago, 602 NE 3rd Ave. at 5pm
- Fuse at Flow Hot Yoga (Cycle and Barre), 321 NE 4th Ave @ 5:30pm
- Gnome and fairy kids’ crafts, games and fun at the DCA tables in Journey
- Painting with the Paint Roller in front of Journey!
- After Hours Shopping–get a ticket to win for every $10 spent in downtown!
- Much more!
Join us! Start at Journey, 304 NE 4th, and pick up your passport and activity list. May 4th, 5-8pm. Let’s have fun together in our downtown!