The City of Camas is issuing a voluntary water use restriction advisory in an effort to conserve water during this summer’s heat wave. The advisory is as follows:
Water your lawn on odd or even days depending on the last digit of your home address. The current heat wave is generating higher water use and stressing the City’s water supply.
Other ways to conserve water include:
- Accept a dry lawn – grass becomes dormant during periods of drought but rejuvenates naturally when winter approaches
- Let your grass grow taller in the summer – longer blades promote deeper rooting and shade the root zone, reducing water loss
- Use a broom to clean driveways and paths – sweeping will get them clean without wasting water.
- Water your grass or garden in the evening – give your gardens a light water at dusk (between 7pm – 9pm); if you water in the middle of the day, it evaporates
- Take short showers
- Turn the tap off while brushing your teeth
- Only wash full loads in your washing machine or dishwasher (unless they have a setting for half loads)
As part of the city-wide effort, the public works department is reducing irrigation at local parks and facilities, as well.
Click here for more information – http://www.cityofcamas.us/pwwater