https://i2.wp.com/lacamasmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/0C60423A-0090-457E-B03D-149DD9CB0759.jpeg?fit=4032%2C3024&ssl=1 3024 4032 Ernest Geigenmiller https://lacamasmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/lacamas_white-300x300.png Ernest Geigenmiller2018-04-06 10:27:432018-04-06 10:27:43Events: Spring into History with April’s First Friday in Downtown Camas
Camas, WA — The public is invited to tonight’s dual celebration of Camas history and Spring for April’s First Friday, from 5-8 pm.
The fun includes:
- Play the “Guess About Camas” history game around town, learn about why Camas is so great, and be entered to win prizes!
- Play the Legacy Square Game for raffle tickets!
- Mill historians will show us why our mill is cool–make paper with them at the Mill Interpretive Center!
- Two Rivers Heritage Museum will be on hand with local historic artifacts and to share stories about our town’s unique history. Come new learn about the Gathering Place, Washuxwal. You will be able to donate to this exciting new project that will create a community space inspired by our rich, Native American heritage in the Camas/Washougal area.
- Nan Henriksen, one of Camas’ former mayors will be on hand to teach about the rich Camas history and, how she and the city leaders created opportunities and growth in the 80’s/early 90’s that helped shape our town and economy for a better today and future! She will talk for 15 minutes at 5:30 and 6:30 – come learn about more about Camas!
Art Shows and receptions at all our art galleries
- Friends of the Camas Arts will be at Journey Church with for their Art Show and Silent Auction, come help support these young artists and their mission – Supporting education in the arts in the Camas School District.
Enter to win a beautiful, signed, limited edition, Pendleton Roundup tapestry depicting three handsome cowboys from the Pendleton Roundup, donated by Attic Gallery! The tapestry was inspired by a painting created by Sandra Jones Campbell, one of Attic Gallery’s artists. Her father was part of the Pendleton Roundup, she will also be the featured artist at Attic Gallery’s Reception!
- The Camas Gallery features Toni McCarthy this month: She’s a designer and maker of hand-made original jewelry. You can learn more at www.beadsandthreads.com
- Help Attic Gallery celebrate their 45th Anniversary!!!!
- Celebrate Motion Picture History at The Liberty Theatre – The 1968 smash hit, Planet of the Apes will show at Friday, April 6th at 8:30 pm – $6
- Come taste the candy that was created the year the town was founded. Also, you can taste a bite of something that relates to our town’s history, hmmm – wonder what it will be?
- Lisa Le’ Properties, A Boutique Experience will host a collaboration of professionals: Free health assessment by Life Force Chiropractic; $5 Brow wax by Skin by Tammy; Makeup matching by Vancouver Laser and Skin Care Center
- Natalia’s Cafe will be going back to the ’50’s with hamburger and fries $4.99, hot dog and fries $3.99, milkshakes or malts $2.99.
- Kids’ crafts–a fun tribute to the famous people who have made a difference in Camas plus something to celebrate Spring!
- Plus all the great shopping and dining in Downtown Camas!
For every $10 spent on food, wine, merchandise – anything, get a FREE raffle ticket to win items!
To learn more, visit www.downtowncamas.com