We tried this recipe at a recent camping trip at Cold Creek in Yacolt. The result is a fun food activity that’s easy to prepare and when fully cooked, the rolls have a flavor of smoked orange. It’s delicious!
Two Cooking Methods
Cooking Method #1: On Pan Over Coals
- Cut four oranges in half, and scoop out fruit (eat for breakfast with your cinnamon rolls).
- Put one Pillsbury Orange Cinnamon Rolls in each of the orange halves (cinnamon side up).
- Put orange halves on old baking pan on grill over campfire. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake until they rise and look done (keep checking on them).
- Cool a few minutes, then top with icing.
Cooking Method #2: Directly On Coals
- Cut the tops off of four oranges (save tops), then hollow out the oranges.
- Stick one cinnamon roll in each orange and put the cap back on.
- Put the oranges in heavy duty foil and wrap up the bundle fashioning a handle at the top.
- Rest them in the coals of your campfire, and bake them for about 12 minutes.
- Cool, then take the caps off and drizzle with icing.
We got this great recipe from our friends at https://www.organizedchaosonline.com