Flash Wash Recommends Regular Car Cleaning During Harsh Winter Months
Vancouver, WA — Our current weather is quite nice, but we all know the rain and harsher weather is coming. The Pacific Northwest can have some brutal winters, so keeping your vehicle clean in winter makes your car last longer. Washing your car in winter helps prevent rust, keeps ice off your windshield, and protects you vehicle’s paint.
Never underestimate the importance keeping your car clean by regularly washing it throughout winter. Don’t just view the three-month season as hiatus from car washing. While it might be easy to dismiss the new extra icy coat the winter adds to your vehicle as just frozen water; it pays to get it off your car as soon as soon as it accumulates.
Here are four main reasons you should regularly wash your car throughout winter:
- Rust. Winter’s elements can cause rust on a car, and once rust starts it’s hard to stop. Rust can show up anywhere – under the paint, under the car where there is bare metal, and in areas of your car you didn’t know existed. Rust is just one of several preventable issues.
- Paint Protection. Keeping your car clean and waxed during the winter adds an extra layer of protection to the body paint. Ceramics are key to that protection.
- Minimizes need for part replacement. Some barely noticeable car parts like the windshield and back window wipers as well as the mud guard plates may be easy to forget but still play a crucial role in your vehicle’s overall efficiency. During car winterization, most professional mechanics, on the assumption you won’t be cleaning your car often, advise you to buy several pairs of wipers.
- Protect your investment. Regular car wash over winter helps protect your investment. It not only assists maintain its originality but also helps improve its resale value.
Car wash memberships help protect your car, especially during those harsh winter months. How many times have you finished washing your car only to find out that it is about to rain? Seriously! It is amazing how the sky can be clear and sunny one minute and sloppy the next. It almost seems like getting your car washed is a sure way to jinx the weather. But after spending money to get your car cleaned, the last thing you want to do is drive right back to the car wash to do it all over again.
That is where a car wash membership pays off. A car wash membership is a subscription service where you pay a set fee each month for a certain number of washes. Like a newspaper or Netflix subscription, you do not need to pay every time you use the service. That way, you can get your car cleaned whenever you need to. Whenever it is dirty. As often as you want.
Flash Wash, located in Vancouver at 164th and Cascade Park Drive, offers such a service. They offer three washes, which can be purchased as monthly memberships with unlimited visits and washes:
- Flash Wash ($29.99/month) is a premium wash with ceramics that add an extra coating on your vehicle along with a longer lasting shine and protection. The ceramics help bead off the rain.
- Bolt Wash ($23.99/month) comes with wax and clear coat protectant, which adds an extra protectant on your vehicle.
- Spark Wash ($14.99/month) is a basic service that cleans your vehicle without wax and wheel cleaning.
Flash Wash offers a special $5 memberships for the first month, which then goes into a recurring charge.
“It’s a really good deal,” said McCallum, operator of Flash Wash. “And we want the public to know that a part of our tunnel recycles some of our car wash water. Most of our tunnel runs off fresh water but some of it is recycled water. And we feel like we offer the best car wash in the area.”
McCallum also emphasizes the importance of the ceramics at Flash Wash. Citing concerns about chemical staining from naturally acidic contaminants in the environment, she said the ceramics help reduce those contaminants from bonding to a vehicle’s paint. And, she thinks this is even more important in winter.
“Ceramics are more durable, and they will produce a deeper gloss and shine than traditional wax,” McCallum added. “I also want people to know that Flash Wash is a great place to work, that we have a great team, and that Flash Wash wants to give back to the community. You can contact us via our website: https://flashwashcarwash.com/contact-us/ “
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!