Camas, WA — All are invited to give thanks and celebrate the season at the “Thankful for Pie” themed First Friday on November 3rd, 5-8pm, in Downtown Camas. Activities include pie raffles and tastings, smore’s roasting, fall crafts and games and prizes. This event also features autumnal dining and cocktail specials, art shows, and after-hours shopping.
Pie lovers will rejoice at the many pie themed games, raffles, and activities. Participating businesses will be offering a pie raffle with a chance to win a delicious prize. The St. John’s Presbyterian Church will be giving away 4” pies and other sweet treats (while supplies last) as a part of their 140 acts of kindness in celebration of their 140th anniversary. Everyone is invited to the Pie Walk Dance Party at 7pm, where they can dance for a chance to win one of many prize pies, sponsored by Carla Edwards, a local Realtor. Attendees can also vote for their favorite pie, and enjoy a tasting hosted by the Downtown Camas Association inside Journey Church.
Additional activities include:
- S’mores Roasting (weather permitting) sponsored by Journey Church
- Fall Crafts for kids at LiveWell Camas, 417 NE Birch, and inside Journey Church
- Fill out the “Gratitude Passport” and be entered to win fall themed prizes from the downtown merchants
- 10 Year Anniversary Celebration at 4Ever Growing Kids with music, a Shirley Temple drink bar and treats
- “Pie or Be Pied” activity hosted by Grace Church, outside at 422 NE 4th Ave
- Perfect Pie Chart Stem Activity hosted by The Mariposa Mission inside Journey
- Art Shows, Receptions, and Demonstrations at the 411Art Collective, 411 NE Dallas, Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar, Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th, Pike Art Gallery, 302 NE 6th Ave, and Silesian Stories featuring Sister City’s Stories and Art from Lloyd and Ulrike Halverson at the Second Story Gallery, upstairs at 625 NE 4th Ave.
Pick up your First Friday passport and activity list for the evening at the DCA tables in Journey starting at 5pm.
“What brings people together more than a delicious pie?” says Jan Carter, Marketing and Volunteer Coordinator of the Downtown Camas Association. “This event invites people from all ages and all walks of life to gather and share gratitude and community connection. We’re excited to help celebrate St. John’s 140th anniversary in Camas as well! Shop, dine, support local, and share your love of pie on November 3rd in Downtown Camas!”
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and bring the community together. For all the information, visit https://downtowncamas.com/event/november-first-friday-thankful-for-pie and www.facebook.com/camasfirstfriday .