During the day on September 1st from 9am-4:00pm, local artists will be doing Plein Air (Open Air)painting around town. So fun to watch! Then vote for your favorite during the First Friday event from 5-8pm.
The finished plein air art pieces will be on display at the Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th, from 5-8 pm that evening. The community will vote for its favorites and “People Choice Awards” will be given. These works of art will then be auctioned off at the Dinner in White on the Columbia, a benefit for the Washougal Library Building Fund, on Saturday, September 9th at Marina Park at the Port of Camas Washougal. For artists who would like to participate, visit here for all the info: www.camasgallery.com/plein-air
Other art features, music, and activities that night are:
- Elida Field’s “Art, Women & Wine” artists will be showcased in participating merchant locations; Meet the artists, enjoy the art, and be entered to win prizes from the merchants. Arktana-Heidi Jo Curley; Caffe Piccolo-Grace Valentine; Cake Happy-Stephanie Rauch; Camas Antiques-Elida Field; Camas Beauty Bar & Boutique-Lara Blair; Camas Hotel Lobby-Gail McKenna & Camas Hotel Atrium-Suzanne Ferguson; Journey-Alison & Grace Benjamin; Lily Atelier-Bev Kadow; Lizzabeth A-Susan Mooney; Mill Interpretive Center-Ayn Lavagnino; Navidi’s-Jim Rodriguez; Salud!-Shelley Mincks. After party at Elida’s Art Studio! 8pm on, 735 NE 6th.
- Hidden Bronze Bird Tour Dedication! 5pm at 4th and Cedar.Come find the thirteen bronze birds throughout downtown!The artists Georgia Gerber and Randy Hudson will be joining us for the celebration and there will also be a “Meet and Greet” with the artists from 4-5pm at Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar. Bird Maps will be given out at the dedication and then at the DCA tables in Journey, 304 NE 4th throughout the rest of the evening. Join us for the fun and to discover the flock!
- Friends of Camas Arts Art Show in Journey
- Live outdoor music at Mesa with Lance Kinnaird and Lauren Abraham, 228 NE 4th, from 6-9pm
- Art shows and receptions at Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th, featuring Julie Olson and at Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar, featuring David Allen Dunlop
- Kids’ art crafts, including The Paint Roller Mobile Paint Party with rock painting; chalk art; and the fourth annual DCA First Friday Coloring Contest with prizes (at the DCA tables in Journey)
- Our City Cares will be on hand to talk about City-wide initiatives in Camas to combat suicide, by Journey.
- FREE hair art and face painting at The Wild Hair, 418 NE Cedar
- The Soap Chest: get a FREE bar of Mona Lisa soap with purchase of $25 or more, 521 NE Everett
- The artful film The Trip to Spain at the Liberty Theatre at 6:45pm
- Shop, dine, & have artful fun in Downtown Camas! Receive a free prize ticket for every $10 you spend in downtown.
To learn more, visit www.downtowncamas.com