I have a question for you: How are your 2018 health and fitness goals coming along?
At this moment, I would like you to ask yourself a few questions.
- Are you seeing RESULTS?
- Are you happy with how you look and feel?
- Have you seen changes in the last three to four weeks? If you said “NO” to any or even all of the above questions, it’s time to re-examine your 2018 health & fitness goals.
First of all, your EFFORT must match EXPECTATIONS. You can even reverse this and say that your EXPECTATIONS must match EFFORT. There are several reasons that could cause a problem. Maybe it’s family, work, friends, time, an injury or even a lack of focus and consistency.
I’m going to ask you to rate the following items from the most important to the least important in your life: Family, job, money, health, friends and faith. Now that you’ve done the ranking, please allow me to rank what I feel it should be:
- Health – If you don’t have your health, nothing else matters. Some people will say that family is the most important or that their job is the most important. The reality is if you don’t have your health, you don’t have anything. If someone wants to say that their faith is the most important, I can’t with argue that. But health better be #2.
- Family – If you don’t place health or faith here from the above example, then the next most important after health should be family. We know that family is very important, but if a person’s health isn’t where it should be, how could they be there for their family?
- Job & Money – We know that it’s important to provide for ourselves and for our family. But again, if your health isn’t where it should be, how can you work and provide for yourself or for your family? Take care of your health first and then you’ll be able to also then provide for yourself and for your family. Otherwise, they’ll be having to provide for themselves if a health issue arises.
- Friends – We all need friends, right? But in regards ranking the importance, this is where I would rank them. Now there may be a time where a friend needs to be the highest priority and that’s fine. But we’re talking an everyday mindset.
To make sure that your EFFORT matches EXPECTATIONS, ask yourself how often you can include exercise into your daily/weekly schedule. Be sure to set yourself up for success. I’ve had clients and members ask me how many days a week they should they be exercising. Before I can answer that question, I ask them a question of how many days a week they can incorporate it into their current schedule. I believe that this initial question will help a person be set up for success. Then we’ll discuss what their goals are. After having these questions answered, I’m then able to an answer their question.
For example, let’s say you have time for two to three days a week when you start your program that you can dedicate an hour to your health and fitness goals. Without collecting information, I say that you should be exercising four to five days a week. Hearing this, you might think that you can’t do this on a consistent basis and then I’m not setting you up for success. But if after asking the questions and collecting the data, I can help you start your program and structure it in a way where you feel successful and you start seeing RESULTS, you’ll want to add more days to your current routine. This creates a win/win situation instead of someone not being able to keep up with their expectations, leading to frustration and quite often, quitting.
Make your health a priority. Set a plan. Be consistent. Be patient. Visualize it as a marathon and not a sprint. Take it one day at a time. Day after day over time leads to consistency and that will lead to lifestyle changes.
If you need help with setting realistic goals and a plan to achieve your goals, you can schedule a free consultation with me by making a quick phone call or by sending me an email. I’d be happy to give you a few minutes out of my day to make a difference in yours! Everyone’s first class is free!
Thanks for your time and in best health.
Owner, Results Fitness Training
19206 SE 1st St. Suite 112
Camas, WA 98607
Located by Costco