Camas, WA — Chocolate treats, fun themed activities, art shows, crafts, games, prizes, and more will all be a part of this 12th annual “A Chocolate Affair to Remember” First Friday event in Downtown Camas on February 1.
Downtown businesses will be serving and selling chocolate goodies and other romantic gifts with wine tastings and specials at select locations, as well. The event, from 5-8pm, is hosted by the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) and downtown merchants.
In addition to the fun that is traditionally had at this First Friday event, this year there will also be a celebration of the First Anniversary of the First Friday Wedding of Nick & Tami Calais. The wedding was held on February First Friday 2018 in Downtown Camas and was themed “A Wedding Affair to Remember.” The community was invited and it was a strong example of people supporting each other, loving our town and coming together in community.
The evening’s activities include:
- Guess the candy jar amounts in each participating location and be entered to win the candy and other great Valentine’s themed prizes!
- Find “Nick & Tami” and get your picture taken with them and be entered to win a romance prize basket.
- Art receptions with refreshments and live music: Attic Gallery; featuring Camas artist Mike Smith and a jewelry trunk show with Leslie McMillan who will be showcasing hearts in silver leaf and contrasting metals for Valentine’s Day; Camas Gallery featuring painter Gary Watson and complimentary sangria and champagne; and Second Story Gallery upstairs at the Camas library featuring 24 artists in the show “From the Heart”.
- FREE ballroom dance lessons with certified ballroom dance instructor Daniel Martinez in Lisa Le Properties, 418 NE 4th.
- Kid’s Valentine’s crafts and games at the DCA tables in Journey
- Take the Candy Bar Challenge. Guess the candy bar types and win one
- FREE hair glitter strands & sparkles at The Wild Hair, 418 NE Cedar
- Kissing Themed Photo Booth at The Artful Attic, 217 NE 3rd, as well as FREE Valentine grab bags with every purchase
- FREE chair massages by Therapeutic Associates-Camas at Arktana Shoes, 415 NE 4th
- Special Sales and chocolate treats throughout downtown shops and restaurants
- Earn tickets to win for every $10 you spend in downtown!
“We’re of course excited to taste delicious chocolate around town,” says Carrie Schulstad, Executive Director for the DCA, “but also be able to wish a Happy 1st Anniversary to the darling wedding couple Nick & Tami Calais from the February First Friday wedding last year! They still come to every First Friday and this time they’re bringing all their friends to join in again! We’ll have some new games and activities as well as the beloved candy guessing game in the businesses and truly spectacular art shows in the galleries. Come enjoy with us in Downtown Camas!”
Passport & Activity lists are available at the DCA tables in Journey.
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and develop community. For more information, visit https://downtowncamas.com/event/chocolate-affair-remember or the Downtown Camas First Friday Facebook page