After months of preparation, Ducky Derby 2019 is a wrap.
A few hundred spectators gathered along the Washougal River Sunday afternoon to see if their ducky would win the annual race — and an array of great prizes. The Ducky Derby is a fun community event that raises significant funds to benefit local student scholarships, school programs, and humanitarian projects.
Here is the official list of winners and the prizes won:
- 1 week Alaska Cruise plus $1500 cash: Kristen Boos
- $1000 cash: Awna Underwood
- $500 cash: Gene Cox
- $1000 hand crafted table: Kate Davis
- $800 Traeger Grill: Amy Rasmussen
- $400 HP Laptop Elitebook: Rich Biggs
- $275 4 Rounds of Golf with Cart at Orchard Hills: Lynda Taylor
- $100 Feast 316 gift certificate: J. Hammerstrom
- $100 Target gift card: Gene Cox
- $50 Amazon gift card: Michael Kelly
- $50 Our Bar gift card: Leslie Durst
- $50 LaPellah gift card: Chris Wynn
- $40 Caps and Taps gift card: Mel Baker
- $25 Mesa gift card: Leslie Durst
“The winner of the last place duck prize is Barbara Gutzler,” said CW Rotary president, Nan Henriksen. “She will be receiving a water cooler jug full of prizes and rubber ducks. This prize is a reminder that every duck in the race is a winner because each represents dollars that enable us to make a positive difference in our community and our world.”
Each year, community members buy tickets for $10 apiece, which are sold by Camas Washougal Rotary Club members directly and at events, such as the Camas Car Show and the annual Camas Days festival. The club is grateful for local sponsors, donors and ticket buyers.
Camas-Washougal Rotary Club is part of an international service organization that works to improves communities by assisting with education, health services, charitable giving, and disaster relief. The local chapter meets every Thursday morning at Orchard Hills Golf Club, and holds several special events throughout the year.