Dear Camas Community,
The safety of our students and staff is a top priority, and we want to share some important information regarding the coronavirus COVID-19 that has been confirmed in Washington and Oregon. Camas School District, like all districts, is closely monitoring this evolving situation. What we learn about the virus is evolving almost daily, and we will continue to work with local and regional health authorities to stay informed. In the meantime, please remember those simple preventative measures to help stop the spread of germs, including COVID-19:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home while sick and avoid close contact with others
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash hands
What CSD is Doing
- We are increasing the frequency of our standard cleaning and disinfecting procedures of common contact surfaces, sinks, kitchens, restrooms, windows, and buses.
- Students and staff are being reminded to wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or to use hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol if handwashing isn’t possible.
- We are making contingency plans in the event COVID-19 is confirmed in our community.
- We are continuing to take precautions, monitor schools, follow the recommendations of the local and state departments of health and make adjustments as needed.
What Parents Can Do
- Make sure that you have provided up-to-date contact information to your child’s school so that you can receive updates.
- Keep sick children at home as appropriate and notify the school.
- Encourage your children to practice good hand-washing.
- Make a plan for childcare in the event that health officials direct schools to be closed to minimize the spread of the disease.
Jeff Snell, Superintendent
Camas School District