First Friday – March 6th, 2020, come to Downtown Camas and celebrate Go Green. Pick up a special passport and activity list at the Journey Community Church at 304 NE 4th Avenue.
Lucky leprechauns, a “Green Zone” featuring local schools, businesses and non-profits that care for the environment, and the wearing of green will all be a part of this fun event. The event runs from 5-8 pm.
Here’s what’s going on downtown for First Friday:
- “Find the Lucky Leprechaun”: Each participating merchant will have a “lucky leprechaun” in their business, and for every leprechaun you find, you receive a prize ticket to be entered to win green prizes and more from the merchants. Lucky leprechaun “passports” can be found in participating stores and at the DCA table in Journey.
- Wander through the “Green Zone” at Journey church and learn how easy it is to make this world a greener place with fun educational kid-friendly activities and giveaways provided by local nonprofits. This year we will have: World Vision, Master Gardners, Eartha the Clown, Ivy League, Waste Connections, CHS Green Team, IQ Credit Union, and Camp Windy Hill.
Art Shows and Receptions
- Ribbon cutting at 5 pm for the “Camas Love” mural on 5th Ave.
- Enjoy fun recycled crafts with the Camas High School “Green Team”
- Eartha the Clown will be there doing face-painting and Earth education
- Connecting Camas Clothes drive (senior project)
- Merchants will have lists in their windows showing all the ways our downtown businesses care for the environment.
- Kids’ crafts at the DCA tables!
- Customers wearing green get an extra prize ticket!
- For every $10 spent in downtown you get a ticket to enter to win.
So many fun activities!
To learn more, visit http://www.downtowncamas.com