Camas, WA — April First Friday in Downtown Camas brings an appreciation for the strong history of Camas and a celebration of the coming of Spring, the Downtown Camas Association said in a statement today. The theme is “Spring into History!” and you can take part in a self-guided historic walking tour, art shows, history info, Easter activity bag giveaways, after-hours shopping and dining along with family friendly themed activities and prizes. Virtual activities for the week start on Monday, March 29th and in-person First Friday activities are on April 2nd, 5-8pm.
First Friday Activities include:
- Play the “Guess About Camas” history passport game in participating businesses and be entered to win a Camas themed prize package.
- Easter activity bags for kids compliments of Camas Parks & Rec will be given out in these participating merchant locations starting at 5pm on First Friday: 4Ever Growing Kids (440 NE 4th), A Creative Twist (223 NE 4th), Cake Happy (340 NE 4th), Juxtaposition (425 NE 4th) and Papermaker Pride (339 NE 4th).
- Each merchant will also have a basket of eggs filled with discounts or goodies and somewhere in the basket will be an egg with an extra special prize.
- The Easter Bunny and his sidekick “Carrot” will be giving out spring goodies throughout town from 6-7pm.
- As an additional nod to Camas’ paper history, local artists are creating beautiful Paper Dresses that will be on display throughout downtown.
- Learn all about Camas mill town history starting at the Historic Mill Photo Collage at 4th and Adams (across from the mill in the US Bank parking lot). Scan the QR code on the legend and go on a self-guided Historic Walking Tour of downtown. Learn about the notable people, buildings and events that have made Camas what it is today. This can be done at any time.
Post your completed in-person passport on the First Friday FB page post by Saturday the 3rd at noon and be entered to win a Camas prize package–the more locations you go, the more chances you have to win.
Monday: Spring into History Word Matching Game
Tuesday: Show us Signs of Spring!
Wednesday: Seek & Find in Downtown Camas
Thursday: Pick & Pic!
Friday: History Trivia Fun
Watch LIVE at 5pm Friday as the winners from the week are announced and you can win for watching and participating.
“We truly love our town’s history as it shows why our town is the incredible one it is today,” says Carrie Schulstad, Executive Director for the Downtown Camas Association (DCA). “You can do the history trivia game and learn a lot and also go on the historic walking tour and learn even more. This year we have added Easter activity bag giveaways compliments of Camas Parks & Rec and you might even see your friends Bunny & Carrot handing out goodies. We also have local artists creating paper dresses that models will be wearing in select locations. There will be a lot going on so come celebrate our amazing Camas history and spring in Downtown Camas!”
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and develop community and are being held both virtually and in-person until fully in-person First Friday events are again possible.
For more information, visit https://downtowncamas.com/event/april-first-friday-spring-history or the Downtown Camas First Friday Facebook page.