The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is hosting an interfaith event this Saturday, October 28 as part of National Make a Difference Day. Event organizers are seeking volunteers between 2-5 pm this Saturday (any amount of time is appreciated).
Their goal is to complete the following projects:
- Sorting 32,000 pounds of hygiene commodities for families in the Evergreen School District (an entire semi-truck load)
- Tying 75 fleece blankets for Project Linus providing blankets for children seriously ill, traumatized or otherwise in need.
- 3,000 meal kits that will each feed a family of 6.
- 500 Valentine’s Cards to bring love to those in assisted living.
- 1,000 family gathering and educational kits and school support projects for schools in our community.
- Collect unwrapped toys for the Camas/Washougal Salvation Army.
All projects will directly benefit our local community including; Evergreen, Camas and Washougal Schools, Clark County Food Bank, Camas/Washougal Salvation Army, Camas/Washougal Interfaith Treasure House, Project Linus, and Local Senior Living Centers.
The event is for women 18+.
Easy project directions, materials and refreshments will be provided by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up.
Saturday, October 28, 2023 2 pm – 5 pm
East Vancouver Stake Center
18214 NE 18th St. Vancouver WA
If you have any questions please contact:
Caryn Dewey 360.909.3745, Amanda Houston 360.624.4168, or Laurie Kinsey 360.433.7847