Camas Boys Swim Team Wins First Meet of the Season
LONGVIEW, WA — The Camas High Boys Swim team (the 2017 4A State swimming champions) handily defeated RA Long and Mark Morris in their first meet of the season. The fast-moving meet got off to a good start with a win by the Camas 200 Medley Relay team, which included Finn McClone, Jaden Kim, Austin Fogel, and Mark Kim.
- Washougal’s Isaiah Ross won the 200 Free, and was followed by Papermaker Freshmen Jack Harris, and Dave Peddie.
- State Champion and Camas co-captain, Mark Kim, won the 200 IM, and was followed by Papermaker’s Finn McClone and Junha Lee.
- Jaden Kim won the 50 Free event, and Luke Bales placed second.
- Jaden Kim also won the 100 Fly, and Fogel placed second.
- Mark Kim won the 100 Free event, and Zachary Macia placed second.
- Ross won the 500 Free event, while Peddie placed second.
- Mark Morris won the 200 Free Relay.
- McClone won the 100 Back event, and Macia placed second. Fogel won the 100 Breast, while Aaron Lee placed second.
- And, in the 400 Free Relay, the team of Jaden Kim, Fogel, McClone, and Mark Kim won.
“This was a small dual meet so we just pushed through,” said Mark Kim. “We’re definitely working our hardest at every practice and improving our time, but we are focusing on the bigger meets.”
The boys head to Whitman College in Walla Walla, WA this Saturday for a tougher, more competitive meet.
“It’ll be a 15-hour day,” said McClone. “We leave Camas at 5:30 am this Saturday. It’ll be good to see the competition from that part of the state.”
To learn more, visit www.chs.camas.wednet.edu
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!