Get ready, Clark County! A high-flying, slam-dunking, rim-rattling basketball show is coming to town!
The world-famous Harlem Wizards will visit Union High School on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 for an evening of great fun and fundraising. The Wizards will play a game against a team of Evergreen Public School administrators, teachers, community leaders, and community members. Proceeds will benefit Harmony Elementary.
The event will feature a variety of fun interactive extras to complement the Wizards’ dazzling demonstration of hoops artistry: Pregame “Wiz Kids” warm-up, contests, comedy, awesome slam dunks, audience participation, merchandise giveaways, and more. The game will conclude with the Wizards’ signature dance extravaganza that will have the crowd on their feet!
“We are excited to host the Wizards,” says Katrina Roberts, Harmony Elementary PTA President. “They are superb showmen who deliver fantastic all-ages entertainment for a great cause.”
Founded in 1962, the Wizards have played over 15,000 games throughout the US that have raised over $25 million for schools and charitable causes. The Wizards have also played in over 25 foreign countries on five continents
Tickets are priced as follows:
- Student Admission – $10 (pre), $12 (door) General Admission – $15 (pre), $17 (door)
- General Admission – $15 (pre), $17 (door)
- Reserved – $25 (available only online) Courtside Plus – $35 (available only online)
- Courtside Plus ticket holders receive first or second row seating and meet privately with selected Wizard players before the game for a meet-and-greet and show. Only 75 of CSP seats) Courtside Plus tickets are available.
To purchase tickets, and for more information, visit www.harlemwizards.com
The home team players will be thrilled to play in front of family, friends, and fans, and spectators will delight in seeing their beloved teachers, principals, and community leaders run the court. Come out and cheer – you will not want to miss this fantastic experience that will benefit our most precious resource: The kids!
About the Harlem Wizards
Howie Davis was a larger-than-life entrepreneur, impresario, promoter, and visionary whose passion for sports, entertainment, and philanthropy culminated with his creation of the Harlem Wizards in 1962.
The idea for the Wizards started in 1959, when legendary basketball showman Goose Tatum approached Howie to organize a tour for Goose’s “Harlem Stars.” The Stars had a short but successful run that opened Howie’s eyes to the enormous potential of “show” basketball. Three years later, Howie launched the Wizards.
Under Howie’s leadership, the Wizards grew into a choice basketball destination for some of America’s best basketball talent. As the team’s reputation spread, professional athletes from across the sports spectrum took notice and joined the Wizards’ roadshow:
• Connie Hawkins, one of the top 50 NBA players of all time
• Nate “Tiny” Archibald, a member of the NBA Hall of Fame
• Elvin Hayes, one of the top 50 NBA players of all time
• Hawthorne Wingo, a New York Knicks fan favorite
• Mario Elie, a three-time NBA champion
• Nancy Lieberman, a WNBA star and Hall of Fame member