Camas, WA — The public is invited to attend the City of Camas Public Hearing on the use of fireworks in Camas, which is happening Monday, May 14 at 7 pm in the Council Chambers at Camas City Hall.
Options to be discussed at this meeting are:
- Keep current city code – discharge on July 3rd & 4th and December 31st
- Modify code to allow discharge on July 4th and New Year’s
- Only allow discharge of safe and sane fireworks – nothing that projects into the air
- Ban all fireworks
If you have an opinion or idea to share, the city wants to hear from you. According to city administrators, posts to social media cannot be accepted as official comment.
You can have your voice be heard using the following mediums:
- EMAIL your written testimony to Deputy City Clerk Bernie Bacon: email@example.com
- SUBMIT written testimony to the Clerk’s Office, located at 616 NE 4th Avenue
- Hand-delivery or mail.
- CALL the Clerk’s Office at 360.817.1591 to leave a message or provide testimony by phone. All options may be carried until the hearing’s completion.
Need more info on the budget or the public hearing? Contact Deputy City Clerk Bernie Bacon at 360.817.1591 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fireworks usage has been up for debate the past several years as other nearby cities have banned or limited their use.