Camas, WA — The City of Camas is now seeking eligible applicants from Ward 3 to fill the City Council vacancy left by Shannon Turk, who is now our Camas Mayor.
Think you might be a good fit? Please apply!
To be considered, your application must be complete and received by the City staff at Camas City Hall (616 NE 4th Avenue) no later than 5:00 pm on January 11, 2019. Additional written information after this date will not be accepted, unless requested by the City Council.
Please personally submit the following items:
- Signed application (see page 3 of link below).
- A one‐page cover letter indicating your interest and general qualifications for the position.
- A resume of no more than two pages.
- Answers to the Supplemental Questions of no more than two pages total (see page 4).
- Declaration and Affidavit of Candidacy
Inquiries and questions pertaining to this process or documentation should be directed to:
Peter Capell, City Administrator
616 NE 4th Avenue
Camas, WA 98607
Contact Phone: 360-834‐6864 Email Address: email@example.com
Eligibility, Requirements & Public Disclosure
To be eligible to be appointed to the Camas City Council, you:
- Must have continuously resided within the Camas city limits for a minimum of one year prior to your appointment to the Council.
- Must reside in Ward 3 where the opening exists.
- Must be a registered voter in the City of Camas.
- If you hold, participate in, or are involved in any contract(s) with the City of Camas, please explain your
involvement in your cover letter.
- If you hold any other elected public office, please state what office and where in your cover letter.
- Please note that: Once a Council Member application is filed with the City, it is a public record available to the public.
- The applications received from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements of state law will be
posted on the City of Camas website as part of the Council’s meeting packet the week of the initial
- If appointed, you will be required by state law to file a personal financial disclosure statement with the
Camas City Council Application. Washington Public Disclosure Commission (www.pdc.wa.gov)
> Full Details: https://goo.gl/SGMkdz
> Find Your Ward: https://goo.gl/PZR4C3 – Just click the Search tab and enter your address
> Map of Ward 3: https://goo.gl/frSwe7
> City Council Info: goo.gl/HN4qqx
Questions? Please contact City Administrator Pete Capell at 360-834‐6864 or firstname.lastname@example.org