Events: First Friday Plein Air (Open Air) Painting Around Town
Camas, WA — Come enjoy artists in Downtown Camas painting our town! During the day on September 7th from 9 am-4 pm, local artists will be doing painting around town. So fun to watch! Then vote for your favorite during the First Friday event from 5-8pm.
The finished plein air art pieces will be on display at the Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th, from 5-8 pm that evening. The community will vote for its favorites and “People Choice Awards” will be given. These works of art will then be auctioned off at the Dinner in White on the Columbia, a benefit for the Washougal Library Building Fund, on Saturday, September 8th at Marina Park at the Port of Camas Washougal. For artists who would like to participate, visit here for all the info: www.camasgallery.com/plein-air
Other art features, music, and activities that night are:
- Shops around town will be hosting an artist from downtown’s Elida Field Art Studio’s Art-Women-Wine art group. These ladies do amazing work! They will also have a big party and celebration at Elida Art Studio starting at 8pm, 735 NE 6th. Join in the fun and talk with the artists!
- Hidden Bronze Bird Tour –find the bronze birds throughout town and see what kinds of funny things they are wearing this year! Be entered to win a great prize basket!
- Friends of Camas Arts Art Show and Sale at Journey. Help support the arts in the Camas School District!
- Art guessing game in select locations–guess the artist of a famous piece of artwork and be entered to win!
- Art shows and receptions at Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th, will feature Cheryl Matheison and Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar, will feature Jean Schwalbe
(Note: Second Story Gallery will not be hosting a reception for this First Friday–they’ll see you in October!)
- Kids’ art crafts and 5th annual coloring contest
- Rock painting with The Paint Roller!
- Shop, dine, & have artful fun in Downtown Camas! Receive a free prize ticket for every $10 you spend in downtown.
This information is provided by the Downtown Camas Association.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!